[Dixielandjazz] Capitalism at its finest Babe Ruth

Kurt bowermastergroup at qwest.net
Thu Jan 29 14:03:19 PST 2004

The chopping thing also happened recently to one of Babe Ruth's original
baseball jerseys.

Donruss, a baseball card company, in an effort to sell more cards, paid a
hefty price and purchased the jersey (I believe it is one of three or four
in existence) at an auction.

They have come under severe criticism for their announced plan to cut the
Babe Ruth uniform into small swatches and put it in packs of the cards they
sell.

I guess I find myself siding with the critics because there are so few Ruth
uniforms in existence cutting one in to tiny squares hardly seems like a way
to preserve anything. The company has said they are doing this to "spread
the uniform" out to may collectors.

Musical content: "Take Me Out to the Ballgame, But Don't Take The Shirt Off
My Back"

Kurt