[Dixielandjazz] Saunders and Nelly Lutcher.

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Thu Jan 29 13:54:28 PST 2004

Nelly recroded for Capitol about the same time my dad did. But she was on
the label that was color coded at that time for "race" records. She spent
some time inthe L.A. area and I heard her in San Diego onetime is some club
long gone. Nelly sang well - the A&R people gave here soem real drek to
record, though she often rose above the material. Interesting style.
I heard her do several Lil Green songs at the club -- In the Dark eas one
and she made it as much hers as Lil did.
Really haven't heard that name in years, but glad Tom mentioned it as it
brought back a few good flashbacks to some early days shen you could catch
good players and singers in small clubs in many areas -- but those dyas, if
not over -- are gett9ng too damn few and far between. I recall Tom's own
long stint at the Presidential in Detroit area in the '60's. Damn, Tom,
someof us are getting all too long .in the tooth.
Don Ingle

Tom wrote: >..."The Song Is Ended" ... The tune was written in 1927 by
Irving Berlin