[Dixielandjazz] Gotham Jazzmen

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 28 18:59:44 PST 2004

> Bob Romans wrote
>
> If any of you know anyone in this band, (The Gotham Jazzmen), tell him/them
> my step-daughter, Tara Simoncic, is going to stop in to say hello soon.
> She's a symphony conductor and lives in Manhattan, and is a GREAT and very
> sexy singer...When she was about 15 years old, she sang "Dream A Little
> Dream Of Me" with my band in Sacramento and brought the house down!

Bob Romans
Cell Block Seven
Jazz Band
1617 Lakeshore Dr.,
Lodi, California,
95242
Phone...209-368-3255
Cell...209-747-1148
Fax...209-368-3255
WebPages
cellblockseven2002.net

I will tell their leader, Bob. Tell her get there before they start to play and to approach Drummer / Leader Dick Sherman (White beard). Tell her one song only as they limit sit ins. If she knows that in advance, it will make things much smoother.

Tell her Dick and I go back 50 plus years and gigged together for 10 years in the 1950s and 60s. If she mentions my name, it will serve as a good connection for her as Dick and I correspond currently after losing touch for 40 years. They will know any song
she wants to sing.

I just sent a singer from Australia, Anne Styer, there. Hopefully she will go and sing one song tomorrow, Thursday, Jan 29 with them. Also she might bring along a neat female Japanese piano player currently studying modern jazz, in NYC to listen.

Gotham plays across the street from the Museum of Modern Art at:

Donnell Library Center in the auditorium
20 West 53rd Street
New York City
212-621-0619

Thursdays at 12.30 PM
Free Admission

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

PS. Why not help them get to a festival in CA? They are excellent and maybe they'd let Tara sing two songs. ;-) VBG

PPS. To Dick Sherman. Hey Sherm I am sending young Pretty Girls your way. And BOTH SING VERY WELL. Not sure about the female Japanese jazz piano player, although I suspect she swings quite well also. ;-) VBG