[Dixielandjazz] Fascinating Posts was The Subject Line Flap

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 18:02:14 PST 2004

Steve B says :

>Why not  just "DELETE" before reading and be spared the agony of reading >a
message with a faulty subject line? Or wasting 15 seconds reading what
>doesn't interest you
> before you delete?  Much less stressful than getting one's knickers in a
knot, >ongoing for 9 years now.

I know we all forget sometimes but a problem arises when, for example, you
 delete yet another post about trumpet mouthpieces only to find that it's
actually the start of  a new fascinating thread about singers:-)

It may seem a bit nitpicking, but try being condemned to Hotmail for a week,
it refreshes itself after each deletion. If you don't delete the stuff you
think isn't going to be of interest you can be stuck at the machine for
hours.  I just hope there wasn't anything fascinating about singers or good
looking young men amongst all that didgeridoo and drum stuff :-)

It's Uncle Bob's job to keep us in line and I for one am grateful for all
his efforts.

And it's about time he reminded us again about deleting previous messages
when we send replies..............

Cheers

Jude

Judy Eames