[Dixielandjazz] Recording Jazz-new way best?

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Wed Jan 28 10:38:49 PST 2004

I don't agree.  But let me say first that I am not a recording engineer and
this is a subjective argument.  I find that modern, multi-track,
electronically mixed recordings lack depth and presence.  I like to be able
to sit in front of my speakers, close my eyes and "feel" the position of the
instruments. What I get is a flat wall of sound.  It is sterile, cold,
unreal.  It may be technically flawless but it does not enthuse me.

Ron L