[Dixielandjazz] The Subject Line Flap

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 28 09:53:20 PST 2004

> This message is an example of a listmate not taking time to change the
> subject line of the post to reflect the content of the text.
>
> I & other listmates ask over & over & over & over & over & over & over &
> over & over & over & over & over & over & over....whew!!  for the past 9
> years & still some members just don't get it.

And some members must be masochists. ;-)

"Doc, it hurts when I do this, what's the cure?"
"Don't Do that." - Henny Youngman

Please accept my humble apology for being forgetful on occasion.

I do not do it to piss you off. However, if the same transgression has been occurring for 9 years and is still going on, despite many, many admonitions, that might convey a
message. Why not  just "DELETE" before reading and be spared the agony of reading a message with a faulty subject line? Or wasting 15 seconds reading what doesn't interest you
before you delete?  Much less stressful than getting one's knickers in a knot, ongoing for 9 years now.

Yes, some members just don't get it. In many forms. But then, isn't that what life is about?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone