[Dixielandjazz] Some questions on defining "Art"

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Mon Jan 26 16:43:57 PST 2004

Being a so called "Artist" myself I have to disagree with some of these
definitions of the word. Art does not have to be enjoyed by many, only the Artist
can decided that, or be seen over and over again. I think "Art" is not in the
eye of the seer but of the maker. I may do a painting or a drawing that no one
else will ever see but that doesn't mean it is not "Art." Some of the best
music that I would call "Art" I have heard in rehearsals where there was only one
or two others listening. I would still call that "Art." A play might only be
produced one time to a few in the audience but I would still call that "Art."

Art is what ever the Artist wishes it to be. Your mileage may differ.

Hugs

Judie