[Dixielandjazz] The Experts on the DJML

Kurt bowermastergroup at qwest.net
Wed Jan 14 09:22:58 PST 2004

Steve said,

"How many of the musicians and movers and shakers in Jazz do/did list
members personally know? How many have they played with? How many have
they talked to? That is not really important, but if we took a survey
among the members, I guarantee that all of us would be quite amazed to
find a living link to most of the giants of jazz within our membership,
going all the way back to Louis Armstrong, Tony Sparbaro, Sidney Bechet,
Bunk Johnson and some of the other originals, in addition to Bird, Bean,
Pres, Thelonious, Miles and Ornette. The only link missing is probably
Buddy Bolden."

Steve,  Did you say you wanted another survey?!  I'm not even gonna go
there.

Kurt