Re. [Dixielandjazz] The Bridge

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 13 12:07:18 PST 2004

I hear you Mike. Must be 1000 songs that have no middle eight, or third eight.
Some have bridges, some do not. I like "Put on Your Old Gray Bonnet", with its
32 bar verse and 16 bar chorus. Or "Cake Walkin Babies" with its 40 bar chorus,
or "Hard Hearted Hannah" with its 20 bar chorus, "A Good Man Is Hard To Find"
with a 22 bar chorus, etc., etc., etc., or the many strained songs like
Clarinet Marmalade, Sensation Rag, Ostrich Walk, The Pearls, The Chant, Bugle
Boy March, The Cascades, Pineapple Rag, Milenberg Joys, etc., etc.., etc.

So many songs, so little time. ;-)

Cheers,
Steve