[Dixielandjazz] Re: Clarinet High Notes

john petters jpettjazz at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 12 15:59:25 PST 2004

> To me, Kenny Davern, is one of the all time greats, who speaks volumes
through his
> horn.
 Amen to that. He is his own man. No clone. He understands hot jazz and
given the right rhythm section, sails and roars. He made a great album with
Art Hodes & Don De Michael some years ago which cooked. Also Jazz at the New
School on soprano sax with Krupa, Condon, Dick Wellstood & Wild Bill.. Well
recommended!
He is an inspiring musician to play with.
John Petters
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ
www.traditional-jazz.com