Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Pro musicians

DWSI at aol.com DWSI at aol.com
Mon Jan 12 07:57:35 PST 2004

The survey idea is fine but it needs a goal and a manager. Research was my
business for several years at a major ad agency in New York. So far I haven't
seen a questionnaire or means by which to respond (or did I just miss those
little things?). If anyone wants to draft a
questionnaire with me, I'll help (no bucks required of me) but we need some
kind of goal defined up front. For example, are we going to exclude people who
do not play at all? who do not play in a band? who do not play full time? Are
we going to allow less communication with those who are hobbyists vs. full
time professionals? What if we make money playing but also make money doing
something else--such as collecting garbage or working for a bail bond firm? Like I
said, we need a goal and a manager. Anyone want to talk to me?

Dan (piano fingers) Spink