[Dixielandjazz] Re: Oh Yes, Washboards!

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jan 12 12:51:24 PST 2004

on 9/1/04 4:09 PM, Kaye Wade at kayewade at earthlink.net wrote  (to listmate,
Brian Wood):

As they seem to get bigger Pr and bigger at the festivals and they are
doing more Washboard Concerts than ever - YES WE DO TALK ABOUT THEM!

And evidently you need to learn a lot more about the rest of the world
and the music every where - I'm sure there are many on this list that
can teach you more than you can handle. Just ask.

--
Kaye Wade
Stuntwoman-Actress, Reflexologist

Well Kaye,
I hope you are very pleased with yourself!
Brian Wood has just unsubscribed from the DJML.
He did not say why, but I can quess.
We have just lost one of our most knowledeglable mates.
A jazz string bass and tuba player, researcher, writer and author ('The Song
For Me').
An expert on New Orleans jazz, and frequent visitor to that great city, who
knows more about so-called OKOM than most of our list combined.
A man who DOES know "a lot more about the rest of the world and the music
everywhere". Particularly jazz music.
There are not too many on this list who could teach him anything.
We should be asking him more!!!!