FW: [Dixielandjazz] Mrs. Vache's Boys - Flanigan

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Sun Jan 11 09:28:58 PST 2004

From: "Janie McCue Lynch" <janie51 at socal.rr.com>
(excerpt)
>>  Dick writes:  "Just heard some cuts from this cd. I like them a lot.
>>  Does anyone know: Who are the sidemen? Eddie Higgins piano??
>>  Whoever, does a great job and shows some major chops.
>>  Guitar?? very  tasty Bass ??
Janie had the answers:
> Warren Vache - Co, Flugelhorn
> Allan Vache - Clarinet
> Eddie Higgins - Piano
> Howard Alden - Guitar
> Phil Flanigan - Bass
> Ed Metz, Jr - Drums

Phil Flanigan exhibits more of that tasty bass sound on another recording he
made with Allan, called "Allan Vaché's BIG FOUR."
I particularly like their simple and elegant arrangement of
"Egyptian Fantasy" that features Phil, as well as the very tasty sounds of
45-year-old Orlando cornetist, Davy Jones.
Overall, this is an excellent CD that Allan says he thinks
"Muggsy and Sidney would have liked." I bet they would have
(if they could appreciate the humorous vocals of guitarist Bob Leary).