[Dixielandjazz] Re: School Band Directors

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Sat Jan 10 22:50:08 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/10/04 11:57:19 AM Pacific Standard Time,
BillSargentDrums writes:

> <<I should point out that there are indeed exceptions...>>

Absolutely true Bill, there are some very dedicated guys out there who try so
hard, but usually get no help from their administrative school departments
who always want to cut the music program from budget first.

One of my Trombone players is such a guy, highly respected as a player and a
teacher and adored by all his students, but they are hard to find.   Two of my
guys run Very successful programs in school districts here in California and
both school districts are trying to give their programs the axe this year.
And ourt New Governor is going to allow it to happen.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins