[Dixielandjazz] Muso definition

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sat Jan 10 16:53:02 PST 2004

I see the term "Muso" used a lot in US marching band (high school and
college) and Drum and Bugle Corps discussion lists - I think ( but am
not sure)  that the kids use the term like "Jock" (Athlete) : "Muso"
(Musician) for someone who is deeply involved in their activity to the
exclusion of almost anything else. Another slang thing I see on those
lists is  "Bandie" ( I guess that is like a band "Groupie" and not a
"Roadie" - but all of these may have different regional definitions.)

Dave Richoux