[Dixielandjazz] Re: BEER

Mike Durham mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 10 12:16:41 PST 2004

Also Alcoholic Blues (revived by the great Clancy Hayes), Hello Montreal, as
previously mentioned ("With a stein upon the table, I'll be laughing at you
all"), and all the songs and blues about "Jake Leg", a paralysis induced by
drinking Jamaican ginger ("jake") as a substitute for alcohol during P
Prohibition (and Canned Heat, for that matter). Cocktails For Two also
alludes to the end of Prohibition, bringing us back to Spike Jones and the
dreaded WASHBOARD...

Mike (What's the use of getting sober, when you're gonna get drunk again)
Durham