[Dixielandjazz] What key is that band playing in?

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Fri Jan 9 15:21:13 PST 2004

If you watch very carefully you will see a beer in most tuba player's
left hand ;-)

Actually, if you watch the leader sometimes he/she will make secret
hand signals that give away the key (and warn for modulations) - 1
finger down is F, 2 is Bb, 3 is Eb, 4 is Ab and fingers up (usually)
indicate the sharp keys in a similar fashion. I guess C would be no
fingers but I have not actually seen that one...

Dave Richoux