[Dixielandjazz] Attn. All Members

John Russell hotjazz60 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 11:26:04 PST 2004

Hiya Robert,
This is John Russell, from Clacton-on-Sea, England

Yes I agree that many members do not write in regularly, neither do I, since am NOT a musician, just like OKOM music, previously used to collect mainstream/modern jazz by Lionel Hampton, other vibes players, saxaphone guys like Ken Peplowski, Allan Vache,Kenny Davern when he plays soprano, otherwise I got his clarinet recordings, Bob Wilbur, Antti Sarpilla, Harry Allen and Danny Moss.
In last year have now started to collect " Trad " music, as had copies of Sidney Bechet # live # albums for some time.

Since I am NOT working, as I had mailed Bob when asking for info. about his recordings I buy when funds permit; at least we have  social security program that pays my rent and council taxes and gives living expenses too; since I don't smoke and drink only socially OKOM and other jazz is my pleasure as am divorced now.

I wish Happy New Year to all musicians, regards.