[Dixielandjazz] Re: Rap Rag

kymmi smith coneyislandgirl at softcom.net
Thu Jan 8 19:04:22 PST 2004

<Kurt Bowmaster has today, in his possession, an MP3 of Eminem, or
<somebody,  doing a rap number with a piano Rag in the background instead
<of the normal record scratchings. Is this a new musical form? Rap Rag?

He didn't do it first.  Wally's Warehouse Waif's, a mostly trad band from
Michigan, released a CD this year that included a song combining rag with
rap.  It's really cool, and unlike Eminem or Snickers or Babe Ruth, you can
actually understand the lyrics.

kymmi "I-should-be-doing-my-homework" smith