[Dixielandjazz] Re: The Eminem Rag - An article of great substance.

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Jan 8 19:45:36 PST 2004

barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> Possibly but then I forgot to print the 4th question.
>
> 4) Is this MP3 just a hoax where somebody spliced seperate records of Old
> Winnie and young M&M together for the fun of it? Somebody with a great ear,
> that is, to realize that Rap is just re-worked ragtime. ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Steve Barbone
>
> Kurt wrote:
>
> >Perhaps we should call it "Raptime".  Look for it at a jazz festival near
> >you.  This could be DJML's contribution to culture.
> >
> >Kurt

Quite possible that it is a hoax looking closely at the website, but the
reaction to it from Kurt's 14 year old daughter was obviously real, and should
teach us to pay attention to the kids more.   If Eminem's Record lable saw that
reaction he would be in the studio right now cutting a CD full of Rapping
Ragtime and they would soon have their next napster lawsuit going as the millioins
of Eminem fans got turned on to OKOM.

I am off to the studio tonight cutting "P diddy "
"Rapping over ODJB, we will have it in stores everywhere tomorrow night,
tomorrow we will be selling copies out of the trunk of my car before the
downloaders get it so we can break even on the bootleg cost of production.

These kind of Rap productions costs a lot of money to produce that authentic
music sound  we get by buying or downloading the contents of an entire CD to
duplicate from after tortureous minutes of mixing.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

Now I wash my hands on this and Washboards for the day.