[Dixielandjazz] washboard position

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 02:35:32 PST 2004

Listmates,

Mike Durham signs his name (regarding the merits of washboards):

>Mike (I have no shares in the Maid-Rite Corporation, honest!) Durham

Maid-Rite is not the company you would want to hold shares in anyway.
You're best bet would be with the Columbus Washboard Company (presently
located in Logan, Ohio - about 45 miles south east of Columbus).

They have a website ---> http://www.columbuswashboard.com/ <---  which will
give you more information on the subject than you really needed to know.

They have an annual washboard festival in Logan, OH (in which our band "The
Boondockers" will be performing) in June  . . . I'll post more information
on that as time goes by.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Thimbles" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com