[Dixielandjazz] washboard position

James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Wed Jan 7 20:11:38 PST 2004

Bill wrote:
Regarding Kash's aversion of washboards........

Actually, Bill, I wrote a p.s. to my post (I'm not really terribly
serious about all this, before all you washboard guys start filing your
nails down to razor sharp points.)  My opinion of the washboard was only
"dampened" (groan!) with my two experiences.

I'm very impressed with your evangelistic stance towards the promotion
of the instrument.  I feel like singing "Ju-st As I a-am" & waiting for
all the converts to come forward....leave their seats...make their way
up to the front.....to accept, finally & completely, the washboard into
the world of Dixieland.

p.s.  I actually own a Rhythm Rascals Washboard Band CD.

Jim