[Dixielandjazz] Band set up

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 12:46:04 PST 2004

nancyink at ulink.net writes:

> From: "Robert S. Ringwald" <ringwald at calweb.com>
> <<<  "... Waiting to go on, Nick spent a lot of time at the bar. At one
> point during the concert when Nick's name was announced, he was
> sitting at the drums.  He threw up his hands, went to stand up, fell
> backwards &disappeared right through the curtain..."
>
> Hmmm...
> An elevated stage,
> and alcohol for the musicians.
> Now THAT's a "band set up."
> ;-)

I used to try and dabble in a bit of magic on the stage, had a few players
over the years I tried to make disappear, but they kept coming back  to the
stage all night till I paid them.

Actually I have a couple now I would like to make disappear, but
unfortunately they owe me a lot of money and they consider it job security.   They may not
live long enough to work it off.

Musical content:
"Gonna Git my gun and shoot myself a sideman"
"How can I miss you if you won't go away"

:))   Tom Wiggins