[Dixielandjazz] RE: Blue Book content

Alberto Martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Tue Jan 6 01:33:16 PST 2004

Hi Mopo

<<<<<<<<<<<I am putting together a JazzNotes page about our upcoming
show next week, "Red Lights and Hot Nights: The Last Days of
Storyville." I am seeking a photo or scan of the cover of the infamous
"Blue Book," a guide to Storyville prostitues. Anyone happen to have
one? Please email it to me at mophandl at landing.com. Thanks in advance,

I have not only the cover ( B&W copy) but also the complete content of
one of the last editions.  Our list mate, kind Audrey van Dyke sent it
to me one year ago.  I can send some scanned pages to you if you want.
Lulu White, Countess Willie Piazza, they are all neatly announced along
with high class liquor and cigars.
Jazz   content: Mahogany Hall Stomp

Tito Martino
São Paulo Brazil