[Dixielandjazz] Storyville "Blue Book" cover photo?

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Sun Jan 4 20:25:36 PST 2004

Hi Don....
      If I could get my scanner to work, I could send you the covers of a
least 5 editions of the Blue Book, plus photos of the ads inside, both for
the houses of joy, and for the individual girls.
     I have all of this in a book entitled "Storyville, New Orleans" by Al
Rose, Published by The University of Alabama Press.  Copyright 1974.  The
book I have is from the 8th paperback printing 1994.
     It's 8 1/2 x 11 format in paperback, and I don't remember what I paid
for it; but it's not more than $20.  You can find it at any of the large
bookstores, and I'm certain you can get it from Amazon.com.
    It will be a well-read addition to your library.  Lots of stories and
pictures of the working girls, stories and pictures of the houses, stories
and pictures of the musicians who played there.  A veritable fountain of
information for your project.  BTW, if you can get a video of the movie
"Pretty Baby" the material from the book was used to make the movie.
       Pat Cooke