[Dixielandjazz] Drive by Trombone players: Musicians beware.

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri Jan 2 16:57:33 PST 2004

This article was just too interesting to not pass it on to the list.

Please take it as it is, for the humor of this most unlikely tragic
situation, we mean no disrespect to the trumpet player.

Us American New Orleans Marching Bands are very safety conscious and have
always put our trombone players out in front to avoid this kind of tragedy, the
worst mishap (or was it) we ever had was when the trombonists (accidentally) ho
oked the connection spot of the female grand Marshall dancer's halter tops and
snapped them off. :)))    No arrests were made as it was not considered
indecent exposure and apparently did not upset the people along the parade route.

Now you might ask why would a Trombone player do such a thing?  Well, he said
it was because she refused to take the beads, but if you know any trombone
players, you know better.

The article below should explain why it is so difficult to sell Dixieland
Jazz in Germany.
Now all American Dixieland musicians must register under the "Heinrich
Sommer" act and be pre screened for chaotic playing methods by video tape prior to
obtaining permission to work in Germany, and trombonist must now all play valve
trombones only, :))    just kidding!!

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

DRIVE BY TROMBONE PLAYERS