[Dixielandjazz] Hand Bells????

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 1 21:51:44 PST 2004

List Mates:

Maybe I should quit pushing beads and start playing hand bells. It seems
that no matter how much promotion and actual playing one does, some
people still get confused. See below mail just received this evening.
Any bands doing hand bells OKOM? Any hand bell players out there?

If so, check out the latent demand (from old folks) for this style. The
note is from an upscale Retirement Facility about 50 miles away that
I've been trying to crack for 3 years. They have been reluctant to pay
our usual fee, but adding a hand bell player might just tip them over
the edge. ;-)

Cheers,
Steve (Hand Bells) Barbone

"Dear Steve Barbone:"

        "Your name has been given to me by may (sic) brother who heard
your group perform last summer. I understand that your group uses
handbells to perform jazz music. That sounds like something different."

        "Please send me some information about your group, a typical
program, and what fees you charge to come here and perform. We are
located about 3 miles south of  Lancaster in Willow Street"