[Dixielandjazz] Happy New Year 2004

John Russell hotjazz60 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 1 11:53:36 PST 2004

Happy New Year Len,
How is the weather in Canada, it is cloudy, 3 deg C

This is from John, in Britain.

I agree with your comments about Dixieland festivals, we do have a Jazz festival in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, which is on east coast, 70 miles from London, mostly they play mainstream, have seen Kenny Davern with Bob Wilbur play at our town hall.

I have 3 discs by Jim Galloway, whom you probably know emigrated from Scotland to Canada in 1964 and I have seen him in concert in U.K.

Well I only collect jazz but am Unemlpyed and 62 so this music keeps me happy.

Now to all readers of dixieland mailing list I wish you all Happy New Year, regards.