[Dixielandjazz] Punning band names

Mike Durham mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 28 00:42:57 PST 2004

As the snow continues to fall gently on Newcastle, here's a couple or three
UK examples of the above: The Fourteen Foot Band (so called because it had
seven guys in it), The Elastic Band (so called because they were never quite
sure how many would turn up on any given Sunday lunchtime) and Bill Poster's
Will-Be Band (from a common sign we used to see on walls, gates, etc.,
warning people not to stick advertising materials thereupon. And then
there's always Rick Shaw's Hot Coolies! I'm thinking of renaming the West
Jesmond Rhythm Kings, in future we will be known as the Mike Durham Should
Be Band.....

G'night, folks,

Mike