[Dixielandjazz] Rev. Jeff Mosier, Rebirth Brass Band and BELA FLECK COMING TO PCOLA!!!!

Teresa Hill gaiablue at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 12:31:42 PST 2004

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped make the Belmont Arts Center the new venue on the Gulf Coast attractive to recorded artists and incredible talent.  I know that there has been inconsistencies with the door charges, but we are working very hard to keep the event affordable to everyone, and pay the musicians for their time. This week we are going to charge $3 from 7-midnite, rather than $5 from 9-midnite.  I hope that this will encourage everyone to stay to hear the bands perform.  The musicians may have 1 guest on the list, and the performers for the open mic will have no admission fees.  I think that this is reasonable for 5 hours of music?? Singer/songwriter Lindsey Battle will open for jamband Swampgrass.  All ages welcomed.  No BYOB.

March 25- Reverend Jeff Mosier and the Ear Reverents!!
 www.revjeffmosier.com

If possible, we would love a feature story on bluegrass banjo player Rev. Jeff Mosier, who has played with Widespread Panic, the Allman Brothers Band, and String Cheese Incident. In 2002, he played banjo on Leftover Salmon's first tour after the tragic loss of banjoist Mark Vann. The Reverend toured with Phish in 1994 while tutoring them in the ways of bluegrass music. ("Perhaps no guest artist has had as great an influence on the band's history as The Reverend Jeff Mosier" -- from The Phish Companion).  I have his full press bio, photo, and CD.  We are all in awe that someone of his stature is playing in Pensacola on his way to the Magnolia Fest in Suwanee Park that weekend. If anyone would like to cover this event, please contact me for complimentary preszs passes. Door Charge: $10 All ages!!

April 8- New Orleans' Rebirth Brass Band!!!

WOW Folks.. If you haven't seen these guys groove the Maple Leaf  or Jazz Fest in New Orleans, you are in for a great experience!  We will be preselling tickets to this show for $10, or $12 at the door.  Once again, tickets will be traded for volunteer promotional assistance (passing out fliers etc...)

Sunday, March 28- BELA FLECK and the FLECKTONES!!! @SAENGER 7:30 pm

Bela Fleck will be playing at the Saenger Theater on Sunday, March, 28.  "Fleck's dexterity is astounding, and the light accompaniments by standard orchestral instruments accent his virtuosity beautifully.
-- Knoxville News Sentinel (KnoxNews.com), November

A banjo virtuoso who has become a unique creative force in the worlds of bluegrass, jazz pop and rock, Grammy-Award winner Béla Fleck makes his classical recording debut with Perpetual Motion, his first recording for Sony Classical. The inspiration for this project came from Béla's friendship and longstanding collaboration with classical bassist Edgar Meyer, who co-produced the album with Fleck. On Perpetual Motion, Béla takes the spotlight, playing the banjo in unique treatments of such well-known classical works as the opening movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, Paganini’s Moto Perpetuo (Perpetual Motion) and the brilliant opening of Bach's Partita No.3 for solo violin. In addition to classical artists John Williams, Joshua Bell, Evelyn Glennie and Edgar Meyer, Fleck is also joined by Chris Thile from the best-selling bluegrass band in the world, Nickle Creek.