[Dixielandjazz] I Want To Go Back To Michigan

BudTuba at aol.com BudTuba at aol.com
Thu Feb 26 10:13:30 PST 2004

In a message dated 2/20/04 2:20:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
stridepiano at tesco.net writes:
I Wanna Go Back To Michigan
The obvious source of this tune to me is I Want To Go Back To Michigan
written by Irving Berlin:  "I want to go back, I want to go back, I want to go back
to the farm...Where I'm out of way from harm, With a milk pail on my arm.  I
want to go back, I want to go back, I want to go back to the farm..Oh how I
wish again, I was back in Michigan, Down On The Farm",  but there is no mention
of cider apples.

Clancey Hayes made a fun recording of this with Bob Scobey's band.

Bud Taylor
Smugtown Stompers JB
Rochester, NY