[Dixielandjazz] Joe Ashworth

R & V Thompson rvthompson at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 23 14:24:18 PST 2004

I just received the following e-mail from Phil Kirk, former leader of
Professor Plum's Jazz:

--------------

I'm sorry to report that Joe Ashworth, former leader of the Jumping
Hot Frogs jazz band, passed away yesterday, Sunday 22nd, from a heart
attack.

He apparently had the attack last Wednesday, and went into a coma
from which he never recovered.

I have no more details at this time regarding memorial service, etc.

Since my mailing list is small, please pass this on to others who knew
Joe and/or played with him over the years.

Notes can be sent to Dotty at 17462 Ranspot Ave., Lake Elsinore, CA
92530, or Email at joeash at gte.net

Phil Kirk