[Dixielandjazz] Anachronic Jazz Band

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sat Feb 21 13:36:01 PST 2004

The only Anachronic JB LP that I have is self titled - all liner notes
are in French so I am guessing a bit.
(Open Stereo OP 02 OMD 516) maybe recorded on 15 - 20 April, 1976
and lists the following songs:

Yardbird Suite (3:04) a
'round About Midnight (7:36) b
Anthropology (2:54) e
Blue Monk (3:41) c
Tin Tin Deo (3:39) d
Jordu (3:49) e
Pent Up House (2:10) e
Bernie's Tune (3:25) f
Move (3:25) f

a: M. Richard (cl) G. Ericksson (pipeau) P. Baudin (p) P. Diaz (bjo) G.
Gervois (bbs)
b: P. Artero (tp) Cl. Gousset (tb) M. Richard (cl & ss) G. Ericksson
(as) A. Villeger (ts) P. Baudin (p) P. Diaz (bjo) G. Gervois (bbs)  B.
Laye (dms)  D. Huck (voc on 'Round Midnight)
c: P. Artero (tp) D. barda (tb) M. Richard (cl) P. Baudin (p) P. Diaz
(bjo) G. Gervois (bbs) B. Laye (dms)
d: same as c plus  G. Ericksson (as) A. Villeger (ts & bs)  Irakli (tp)
e: P. Baudin (piano solo)
f: same as c plus  G. Ericksson (cl & as) A. Villeger (ts & cl)

Gravure, SYSMO Records - Ingenieur: Jean Hulot - Maquette et mise en
page: Studio 19
Pressage: Classique Pathe Marconi Producteur: Alain Gerrini
Distribution exclusive: OMD 55 rue de Clignancourt 75018 Paris

I do not remember where I got this album - it was imported by Rick
Ballard in Berkeley Ca ages ago. I agree with Brian about the quality
and fun of this group - when I play it on my show I often get calls and
e-mail about it.

Now who knows more about another, earlier French, Swiss  or maybe
Belgian band: Dieuzy's Dixieland Band? I have a Joker LP called
Dixieland Special, somebody has re-issued it on CD but there is no
information at all! Probably from the early 1960s... Dixieland Special,
Apex, Paris Honky Tonk, Basin St., Dixieland Onestep, Ol' Man River,
St. Louis Blues, Tiger Rag, Shine, Ain't She Sweet, Creole Love Call
and Royal Garden Blues

anyway,

Dave Richoux