[Dixielandjazz] Anachronic Jazz Band

Brian Towers towers at allstream.net
Sat Feb 21 12:47:10 PST 2004

I Have the Anachronic Jazz Band LP Volume II.  The label is "OPEN" and the
number is Stereo OP 09
recorded in 1977 and 1978.  It is a French label - I bought it in Paris.
Distributed by  Musica Distribution, 30, rue Huguerie, 33000 Bordeaux tel
(56) 48.97.79.  It is a long time ago however!

 The only track from the items listed below is "I Hope Gabriel Likes My
Music".  I also have another LP on cassette.

What terrific jazz it is too!    It just goes to show that, with a little
intelligent application, even those turgid "bebop"  war-horses can be turned
into jazz and set one's foot tapping..   Wonderful musicians all.

Cheers,
Brian Towers

Hans Koert wrote:

Thanks to Gerard Biederman "discographical archives" I could find nearly all
items of my Anachronic Jazz Band collection except some live recordings.
Maybe they belong to one LP or to different sessions. Because some titles
were part of their regular repertoire
I have listed them here with the duration and a possible recording place and
date.

Does someone recognizes this list of titles belonging to an Anachronic Jazz
Band LP? What is the catalogue number and what are the recording dates?

my pet (4:30) ( ?Dingolfing 18-Oct 1978) (?Calig 30622)
blue monk (4:09) (?)
tin tin deo (4:03) ( ?Dingolfing 18-Oct 1978) (?Calig 30622)
round midnight (7:40) (?)
yardbird suite (3:05) (?)
jordu (4:17) (?)
bernie's tune (3:37) ( ?Dingolfing 18-Oct 1978) (?Calig 30622)
i hope gabriel likes my music (5:14) ( ?Dingolfing 18-Oct 1978) (?Calig
30622)