[Dixielandjazz] Very interesting article about the history of Mardi Gras in New Orleans- not what you might expect!

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Fri Feb 20 18:03:29 PST 2004

Hi all,

I was researching “If Ever I Cease to Love”  for my radio program and
came across this article:

http://publications.neworleans.com/no_magazine/35.5.44-
REDISCOVERINGMARDI.html

I think Steve Barbone would be most interested in the Philadelphia to
Mobil to New Orleans connection in the history of this event, but all
of you will learn a bit more about the culture, commercialization and
other historical aspects of mardi gras - it is not just all about "show
me your beads!"

Dave Richoux