[Dixielandjazz] Norah Jones million record sales week

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 19 11:23:03 PST 2004

> "Bryan Livett" <livett at rogers.com> wrote
>
> She's also a "jazz artist" who has sold out to pop-rock-country to get those
> numbers, (her latest album features Dolly Parton as a guest!)
> http://www.norahjones.com/home.htm

Maybe so, however the regular pop-rock-country folks aren't selling anywhere near
her numbers these days. I think I'm going to try and find out why the audience is so
enamoured of her.

In other words, she may be just an ordinary singer. HOWEVER, what has she got or
done that enabled her to sell more records than anyone else has done in the past two
and a half years? She just topped all categories, Pop, C&W, Jazz, Rap, and every
other category you can name, by a large margin. Question!!!  WHY?/HOW?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

PS. If Dolly Parton is the answer, I'm inviting DP to our next session and CD album.
;-) VBG.