[Dixielandjazz] A HIT RECORD 1,022,000 COPIES IN ONE WEEK!!!!!

Kurt bowermastergroup at qwest.net
Thu Feb 19 09:02:52 PST 2004

While I was checking out the venues where Norah Jones is playing her tour, I
found this on the Belfast, Ireland venue website.  Sounds like a great
concert.

The 3 Bs of Jazz - Ball, Barber & Bilk
Event date: 28/02/2004    Start Time: 7.30pm

Ticket Prices: £21.00; £19.00; £16.50

Details

We’re delighted to welcome back this amazing three-band extravaganza which
played to a packed house early in in 2003. These three jazz legends back in
the Sixties together spent more than 130 weeks in the album charts!

Kenny Ball and his Jazzmen, The Big Chris Barber Band and Mr Acker Bilk and
his Paramount Jazz band have wowed jazz fans the world over for more than
fifty years with such timeless classics as Stranger on the Shore, Midnight
in Moscow and Petite Fleur.

Jazz legends don’t come much bigger than Kenny Ball and his Jazzmen. Britain
’s most televised jazz band has been striking all the right notes since 1958
and today they’re as popular ever! Blending brass and reeds with blues
influences, The Big Chris Barber Band creates an amazing wall of sound!
Barber has consistently been one of Europe’s most successful traditional
jazz ambassadors. Clarinet legend, Acker Bilk’s instantly recognizable style
of playing made him a worldwide star. Stranger On The Shore became the first
ever simultaneous Number One hit in the UK and the United States
and remains
one of the UK’s biggest selling singles of all time!