[Fwd: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Translation request]

Michel Miconnet michelmiconnet.djml at free.fr
Mon Feb 16 23:00:25 PST 2004

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Translation request
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:13:51 +0100
De: Michel Miconnet <michelmiconnet.djml at free.fr>
Pour: John Farrell <stridepiano at tesco.net>
Références: <000401c3f4b3$a94d3ac0$a828fc3e at yourcyfkdpcoe0>

Hello John.

John Farrell wrote :

> My 11 year old grandson played me a wonderful Tito Puente CD yesterday, now
> I find that one of the songs keeps going round and round in my head
> (something which happens to us all now and again). The name of the tune is
> Mais Que Nada - which I believe is Portuguese - but what is the English
> translation?

I propose literally : "More Than Nothing"

I'm not absolutely sure because I don't really know the
Portuguese language. However it's a Latin language as French...

If I'm wrong, I think Tito will correct :)

Regards.

Mic (mikosax) - From Burgundy (France)
--
Traditional-Jazz fan