[Dixielandjazz] Post-Concert Report, CD Sales and More...

Kurt bowermastergroup at qwest.net
Sun Feb 15 12:13:14 PST 2004

Post-concert report:  Just thought I'd let DJMLr's know how my Good Times
Jazz Concert Series Concert went last night.

The New Red Onion Jazz Babies (from Kansas City) played a fabulous three
hour Valentine's Day concert to a PACKED (nearly sold out) house at the
Adventureland Inn & Resort in Des Moines.  It really made me feel great to
look around the room and see full tables, a full dance floor, a swinging
band and lots of heads bobbin', feet tappin' and thunderous applause.  TWO
STANDING OVATIONS AND ENCORES!

OKOM is Dead?  I think not.  If you are looking for a wonderfully
entertaining band for your next concert, festival, whatever...hire The New
Red Onion Jazz Babies.  I can give you the leader's contact info off list.

The average age in attendance was probably 65+, but there were also quite a
few under 30 as well.

For those of you band leaders and solo artists who have consigned some of
your CDs to me to sell, I have good news...In addition to the great number
of CDs I sold for the featured band, and pre-show ragtime piano player Rod
Biensen, the fact that I am now offering a wide variety of other bands was
received very positively by the consumer.

I sold out of several titles and many of you will start receiving your
checks in the mail at the end of March (at the completion of the first
quarter sales period).  Having a CD Sales Sample for each CD title which
allows people to listen to sample cuts, really helped sell CDs for bands
that people had not heard of before.

Last night was a test for me to see how people would respond to my CD Sales
expansion of my souvenir area, and I have claimed it a huge success that
will only get bigger and better.

I just found out that I will also be representing a large selection of Matt
Domber's Arbors Records CDs as well.  I don't think there is any doubt that
I will take the CDs on the road to other concerts and festivals in the near
future.

If you are one of the people who has consigned me some of your CD's, I will
personally contact you next week to let you know how your CDs sold.  If you
are a band leader or solo artist who would like to have me represent your
CDs and try to sell them for you, please contact me OFF LIST and I'll give
you all of the details.  Or if you know a band leader who has a great CD,
tell them to get in touch with me.

Now I'm off to play a gig this afternoon, so maybe I'll have time to respond
to the many unread e-mails sitting in my in-box that I haven't had a chance
to read in the last day.

And those of you who have ordered Custom Buttons, they will be in Monday's
mail.

Kurt Bowermaster
Bowermaster Group
Marketing - Entertainment - Events

1529 41st Street
Des Moines, IA  50311

Phone: (515) 251-7602
Fax: (515) 270-2763
E-Mail: bowermastergroup at qwest.net

"It's not bragging if you can do it."
- Buddy Rich

information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under
applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
formally notified that any use, copying or distribution of this e-mail, in
whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.

Please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your
system.

Unless explicitly and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended",
this e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment, or
an acceptance of a contract offer.  This e-mail does not constitute a
consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct marketing
purposes or for transfers of data to third parties.