[Dixielandjazz] OKOM in Florida?

Schnabbels at aol.com Schnabbels at aol.com
Thu Feb 12 02:26:28 PST 2004

Dear Listmates, especially those resident in Florida,

I'll be arriving in Fort Lauderdale 2/21 early evening. Will be staying till
3/2.
Would love to catch some OKOM while there. We will also make a side trip to
the Tampa area during the week-end of 2/27-29.

Any suggestions as to opportunities to listen to some OKOM would be greatly
appreciated.

Last time I was in the area, I heard a very good band that was playing a
brunch deal in a restaurant adjacent to the the West Palm Beach airport. Also, I
had a good time in a night club (I forgot the exact location) where the legacy
of Louis Prima is being nurtured. Not exactly OKOM of course, but, as I said,
I had a great time.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Rob van der Plas
Scottsdale, AZ