[Dixielandjazz] keeping track on measures in a song

Mike Durham mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 12 00:13:35 PST 2004

Dave, Cakewalkin' has a 40-bar (measure) chorus and a 16-bar verse. On an
earlier thread, Steve Barbone, myself and other listmates tallied up a dozen
or more tunes with 'unconventional' lengths, culminating in Begin The
Beguine at 60 (or maybe more!) bars.... off to count sheep now, not
measures, as its past midnight here in England. G'nite, everbody,

Mike.