[Dixielandjazz] Pop songs for OKOM

Gerard Bielderman gerardbielderman at freeler.nl
Wed Feb 11 21:40:03 PST 2004

In Holland (or rather: The Netherlands!) we had a band that made three LPs
with pop songs of the time:
The New Orleans Syncopators.
Fontana LP: Liverpool Goes Dixie (1964) incl. Beatles tunes.
Omega LP: Hits in Dixie (1976) incl. Charly Brown, Somewhere between,
Chanson d'amour, Almost persuaded, Sailing, Stand by your man, Last
farewell.
CBS LP: Swingin' Dixie (1979) incl. Hallelujah, Deerhunter, Heart of glass,
Save the last dance for me, Quiereme mucho, In the Navy, One way ticket,
Lavender blue.
We also had a band (Ted Easton's Jazz Band) that recorded the club songs of
10 Dutch soccer teams.
And our most famous band, The Dutch Swing College Band, pleased their record
label Philips by recordings hits like; Milord, Those were the days, Bonnie &
Clyde, A Walk in the Black Forest, Dance mama dance papa dance, Dominique,
Milord, Bel ami.
Finally the Dixieland Pipers recorded an LP with songs made famous by one of
our "folk singers" (not in the English meaning but a singer of sentimental
Dutch tear jerkers), André Hazes.

Gerard Bielderman, Leie 18, 8032 ZG Zwolle, Netherlands
Publisher of EUROJAZZ DISCOS, SWINGIN' AMERICANS, SOUNDS OF NEW ORLEANS.