Subject: [Dixielandjazz] RE: popular songs for OKOM

DWSI at aol.com DWSI at aol.com
Wed Feb 11 07:32:45 PST 2004

Friends. At the risk of sounding less than sane, I would add many more songs
to Dan Augustine's list of pop songs he plays sometimes. In fact, and here's
where you will really question my sanity, I would even add some classical stuff
(melody and chords played--not necessarily actual sheet music). If we forget
the categories and just listen to what we like to play and hear, it's amazing
what finds it's way into your repertoire. Maybe I'm just a ham who loves a
smiling audience too much but even Fur Elise and snippets of Greig's Piano
Concerto work great in the mix. So shoot me. I follow up with Nola and Panama. Hey!
They love it.

Dan (piano fingers) Spink