[Dixielandjazz] First CD and other trivia

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 07:34:13 PST 2004

Kurt prints some interesting "facts" -

However, on this one:

>The song "Happy Birthday to You" was originally written by sisters Mildred
>and Patty Hill as "Good Morning to You." The words were changed and it was
>published in 1935.

I think I might disagree.

Seems to me I recall singing "Good morning to you" as a school child back in
the early and mid 30s. The words went:

"Good morning to you, Good morning to you
We're all in our places with sunshiny faces.
Oh this is the way to start a new day!"

I always remember the birthday song as being a different melody (the one we
are still using) and I believe it was around prior to '35.

On the other hand, I could be mistaken.

But then again, maybe not.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "just nit picking" Gunter