[Dixielandjazz] Jazz amongst the gum trees.

jazzfact jazzfact at ozemail.com.au
Wed Feb 11 08:01:55 PST 2004

Hi Sam,
I wish we were there to participate! Sadly like many other musicians around
the world, my band will never be able to attend a festival like the one at
Halls Gap. It is by the way one of nature's treasures and a very worthy stop
off for any traveller. The concept of the festival unfortunately excludes
those players who need to earn an income from plying their trade. Suffice to
say there are many eager musicians ready to leap in and take the gig! Whilst
rejoicing in the worthy cause one should consider the café's, accommodation
houses, restaurants, booze merchants and others who benefit from festivals
like this. Do they do it for nothing too? I suggest that the organisers
charge a little more for the public and hire some interstate bands.

regards,
Richard Stevens
www.thejazzfactory.net