[Dixielandjazz] Jelly Roll Morton Song Question

George Thurmond gmthur at delrio.com
Wed Feb 11 03:56:59 PST 2004

        Louis answered Sheik's question, saying the song is "Don't You Feel
My Leg".  If Sheik is looking for a recording of the song, with the lyrics
of course, Phil Mason's band recorded it on Timeless CD No.CDTTD636 - the
album is entitled "A Groovy Kind of Jazz".  Christine Tyrrell is the
vocalist, and she and the band do a fine job on a draggy tune that I don't
really like compared to their other works.

        BTW, I wish Krum and our Sacto friends could get over the financial
crunch, and someday have Mason and his All Stars back for the Jubilee.  I
think they stay pretty well booked up across the pond, and I thought they
went over super well at their last appearance at the Jubilee a few years
ago.

George Thurmond