[Dixielandjazz] Jelly Roll Morton Song Question

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Tue Feb 10 14:58:59 PST 2004

At 10:49 AM 2/10/2004 -0800, Len Nielsen wrote:
>The latest CD from "Les Chiens Noirs" has this tune. Brady McKay and Tom
>Hook on vocals. Their title for the song is -Don't you feel my leg- by
>Barker, Barker, Williams.
>
>I didn't realize that "Don't you leave me here" was apparently the same
>tune until I saw the lyrics. Of course, they have altered the lyrics a
>little to fit a duet performance.
>
>Len Nielsen

It's great to get the true poop on this tune. Now all I need to do is get a
good recording and transcribe it (unless there's sheet music available),
add it to my sheet of "Don't you leave me here"...

--Sheik
--Sheik
David W. Littlefield, Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Washboard
Compiler: "Dixieland FB" (Bb, C); "30S-40S FB (Bb, C)"; "Gig Book"
http://cpcug.org/user/dwlit (Dixie playalong list, other tools)
http://americanmusiccaravan.com (Fake Books, Chord Books, Bands)
eMail: dwlit at cpcug.org