[Dixielandjazz] Jelly Roll Morton Song Question

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Tue Feb 10 10:49:25 PST 2004

Ah, a light flashes. Those lyrics are from a Maria Muldaur album track from
the late 70s--I heard it in 1979. (She's not even listed in the Worlds
Records database). As I recall, it's done rather more like the Charlie
Johnson version, and the melody was much the same... Just found an entry
for her in the "All-Music
Guide to Rock. The album was "Waitress in a donut shop", Reprise, 1974. The
album also has Waller's "Squeeze me". Now if I can find the cassette...

--Sheik