[Dixielandjazz] Interesting Jazz Web Links

Craig Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 9 21:14:28 PST 2004

At:
http://www.shellac.org/wams/wnazi01.html
one may read the regulations against jazz
post by Hitler's "Third Reich: and at the top
of the page is a link entitled "another variation"
which takes a slam also at "Jewishly gloomy lyrics"

A more fun site I ran into with some good clips is:
 http://www.swazoo.com/ entitled
"Swazoo Koolak's Web Jukebox" this changes periodically
and currently has some VERY nicely restored and downloadable
78's of early female Jazz Singers. (The real audio ones sound
better than the MP3 ones, by the way)
Click on "Jukebox Selections"

Also start wandering through the "Related Sites."

Finally Check out some of the the things on
the "Booze Brothers" site:  (About New Orleans.)
http://www.booze-bros.com/
After reading there fun and obviously fictitious history,
click on music and enjoy some Dukes records
As well as some early (but not early enough) Al Hirt,

And, in searching for "Rico Vallese" for Steve LaVere,
I  ran into a site on Charles LaVere's Chicago Loopers
http://www.deltahaze.com/30/vt.html
-- seems hardly a coincidence.

Regards,
Craig