[Dixielandjazz] For Californians Only

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 17:17:40 PST 2004

Listmates,

I love those class action suits against Microsoft.

The last time it happened (not too long ago, may this is the same suit Jack
Thomas is talking about) I sent in the requested documents (proof of
purchase, etc.).

I'm one of the Californians who qualified and I received, as per terms of
the settlement, a couple of coupons from Microsoft good for something like
$6 dollars each.

The lawyers got something like 200 million.

I may be off a bit on the figures but that is "ball park."

I'm please that the lawyers were able to get at least something out of the
deal. I wouldn't want them to have gone to all that trouble for nothing!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Hey, Now I can buy that condo on Maui!" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com